- SUMMER CAMP: Summer Camp is a time of discovery. It might be learning how to sail. Where to find box turtles. Or how to portage a canoe. But the most consistent discovery we see is in the campers themselves. In Summer Camp, our northwoods setting, engaging activities and wilderness trips become tools to build character and leadership skills. Confidence grows. Goals are achieved. And lessons learned are applied to new challenges and a larger world.
- OUTPOST: Our Outpost program provides teenagers with progressive wilderness trips that range from Lake Superior and Rockies to Canada and Alaska. But the skills they hone and the confidence they gain will take them even further. Building character and instilling leadership qualities are as big a part of the journey as backpacking, sea kayaking and canoeing. And as challenges grow, so does the individual, gaining strengths and insights that will endure long after the trip is over.
- LEADERSHIP: In the world today, the ability to lead effectively — for the benefit of the individual, a group or society as a whole — is more vital than ever. At Manito-wish, we’re dedicated to providing the training, skills and insight necessary to achieve it. Through our Leadership Development Program, participants are immersed in an exclusive, customized curriculum created from a comprehensive menu of proven leadership training venues and methods. They learn vital 21st century skills and embrace the qualities of a collaborative leader — helping them embrace any challenges and opportunities that come their way. Everyone has the potential to be a collaborative leader. Through our Leadership Development Program, we show you how
- OUTDOOR LEADER SCHOOL: The one constant in nature is that nature is never constant. Shifting terrain, changing weather and chance encounters with wildlife can turn hazardous without the proper skills, knowledge and preparation. Camp Manito-wish YMCA partners with some of the most respected national leaders in wilderness safety to provide a comprehensive array of training opportunities, from leadership to first aid to water safety. Be ready for anything, with exceptional training and certification
- FAMILY GROUPS: When you hear our name, it’s natural to think of youth summer camp. We’d like to suggest you start thinking of yourself — or more precisely, all the ways you, your family, your friends and your organization — can enjoy Camp Manito-wish YMCA. Combine our top-notch facilities, all-season events, group opportunities and 300 acres of Northwoods beauty on the shores of Boulder Lake, and you have the ideal setting for making your next event a Manito-wish experience to remember.