Packing for Summer Camp and Outpost Trips can be exciting, but gathering all the gear and items needed for the adventure can sometimes be overwhelming. Here we are providing suggested packing lists to make preparation easier for you and your child.
Please note: We do not allow snacks, candy or gum. Do not send these items with your Camper.
- Make sure all of your participants belongings are labeled with FULL FIRST and LAST names.
- Don’t use initials as there may be other campers with the same initials as your camper.
- Iron-on labels or name stamps are available if you choose. We suggest sterlingnametape.com for online orders or you can use their Name Label Order Form.
Luggage to Camp should:
- Be a large duffel bag or other type of soft-sided baggage. No trunks please.
- Be clearly identifiable with a luggage tag or full name written on the exterior.
- Please consider removing all tags from newly purchased items prior to arrival at Camp.
Optional Equipment Order:
- For your convenience, Camp Manito-wish YMCA offers reasonably priced outdoor equipment for campers. Ordered items will be delivered to your camper at their cabin on the first day of Camp.
- Items include sleeping bags, sleeping pad, rain suit, long underwear, and trail chair.
- Deadline to order by submitting Equipment Order Form is April 30.