- Submit application and ALL three references by desired Hiring Round.
- A Manito-wish Staff Recruitment Coordinator or Program Director will contact you to set-up a phone interview.
- Your three references will be contacted via phone to answer a few follow-up questions by Camp Manito-wish YMCA.
- Complete phone interview with Staff Recruitment Coordinator or Program Director.
- Hiring decision or an update on your application will be communicated within four weeks of a respective Round due date.
**Seasonal Staff hiring decisions are made by Program Directors.
Application and ALL three references must be submitted by the due date stated below to be considered for that respective Round.
- Round 1 – November 19th
- Round 2 – December 17th
- Round 3 – January 14th
- Round 4 – February 11th
- Round 5 – March 11th
Choosing a Round:
Staff that submit an online application and three references by the given Round due date will receive first consideration, in conjunction with qualifications, for all open positions.
After submission of your application a Staff Recruitment Coordinator or Program Director will contact you to set up an interview.
Here are a few tips to help as you prepare for your interview:
Manito-wish interviews are behavioral based. We will ask you to reflect on your own experiences to best answer each question. Your application has given us a good background and we are now looking to learn more about your character and judgment based on your previous experiences.
A lot of individuals are nervous before an interview and that’s perfectly normal. We encourage you to step away from any distractions so that you may fully engage in the interview. Be confident, be yourself and smile over the phone!
Review your life experiences with friends and family. We are looking for situations that speak to your character, wilderness experience, teaching opportunities and work with youth.