Join us this Labor Day Weekend, Aug. 31 - Sept 2 for our long-anticipated 100th anniversary event! We’ll be welcoming alumni, family and friends back to Camp with a weekend full of events and activities. If you plan to attend — for an hour, a day or the entire celebration — please register here. (It will help our planning and preparation.) Thank you!
To help you plan your visit, we’ve created this resource page. Here, you’ll find the latest event-related details. Check back often to see what information has been added and updated. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 715.385-9270, ext. 228.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 31: A festive pre-celebration of music, song and fun in Boulder Junction! (Sponsored by the Boulder Junction Chamber of Commerce)
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, SEPT. 1 & 2: All of Camp Manito-wish is open to: Explore and learn about the unique cultural heritage of our historic grounds and facilities
- Engage in fun, enriching activities and "coaching sessions"
- Tour camper cabins
- Paddle Boulder Lake (by canoe, kayak or paddleboard!)
- Visit (and perhaps dine in) Nash Lodge, or enjoy a rustic picnic lunch and dinner
- Reflect at the Square/Vespers Ceremony
- Participate in Chapel
- Warm your spirit at the north fire ring
- Renew old friendships — and make many new ones!
Camp Manito-wish YMCA is located just west of Boulder Junction, Wisconsin on Hwy K, surrounded by the Northern Highland State Forest and several hundred sparkling lakes, rivers and streams that instantly turn road trips into sightseeing trip. Please use these maps to help you get here — and get around once you’re here!
Lodging in the northwoods is diverse and plentiful — but due to popular demand from this weekend, everything is filling up fast! Use the PDF for links to area lodging (and don’t forget owner-rented resources like airbnb.com and vrbo.com). Once you’re here, be sure to explore the community of Boulder Junction (there’s a handy map of downtown to help you get around.) Enjoy!
- Q: May I stay at Camp?
A:As much as we’d love to accommodate everyone who wishes to stay at Camp for the Celebration, we simply cannot. No one will be permitted to stay overnight on camp property. Please follow this link to area accommodations; book your reservations soon!
- Q: What is the cost to attend the Celebration events?
A: We welcome you to participate in each Camp sponsored activity, including meals, free of charge. We want you to enjoy reminiscing and roaming Camp property as our guest! Please consider a monetary gift to help us offset our expenses for the weekend (you may do this in the registration process).
- Q: How will I know about last minute schedule / location changes?
A: All schedule or location changes will be posted on the Camp Guidepost Mobile App, and will be available at the Check-In table and Boyce Administration.
- Q: What is being planned for family members so they can enjoy their time at Camp as much as me?
A: We encourage you to bring your family to share your reunion experience with them! They are welcome to participate in our organized coaching periods. In addition, we’ve invited several outside speakers to lead supplemental coaching periods to add interest for all attendees, including non-Manito-wishers. Check the Schedule of Events for details.
- Q: Are my children welcome at the 100th Anniversary Celebration?
A: Everyone is welcome to attend our full schedule of events
- Q: May I visit Camp on Friday afternoon when I arrive in the area?
A: We welcome you to come into Camp between 3:00 and 5:00 to check-in and receive your Welcome Packet. There are no official events planned for Friday at Camp but as always you are encouraged to stop by to say hello!
- Q: May I visit Camp on Monday, Labor Day, September 3?
A: Our celebration will have come to a close; you are always welcome to drop in at Camp. Please know that on Monday, though, we just might ask you to join us for Detail; we’ll be cleaning up after our long weekend of activities!
- Q: Can we arrive at Camp via a motor boat on Boulder Lake?
A: Canoes and Kayaks are welcome modes of transport to Camp! Please, no motor boats.
Peace on the Waterways!
- Q: I am registering and I plan to make my donation from a foundation; how do I complete the donation portion of the registration?
A: In the registration form, under "Payment Options, Please Bill My …..", select 'Check'. Proceed with your plans to send the foundation payment. Thank you for your generosity!
Hover over slideshow to pause it.