Camp Manito-wish YMCA employs a combination of full-time and seasonal staff to make sure all program areas provide a meaningful Manito-wish experience for everyone involved.
Many of our staff learned their leadership and wilderness skills through Manito-wish programs. Others are carefully selected from colleges and universities across the country. All staff serve as role models and teach the character values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility by example.
- Engage participants in character and collaborative leadership development.
- Healthy personal philosophy to live by and share with others.
- Positive self-identity.
- Knowledge of group skills and willingness to work closely with peers and campers.
- Proven ability and concern for youth, and a desire to positively influence their development.
- Openness to change, new experiences, hard work, long hours, fun personal development, and sharing yourself with others.